For campaign updates, please visit my Blog page.
I am running for Woods Cross City Council.
I love living in Woods Cross
Issues Facing Woods Cross
- Continue the good budget practices of the city.
- Complete the updates to the zoning ordinance updates.
- Continue planned and proactive northwest quadrant development.
- Work on Hogan Park improvements.
- Move road repair priority higher on the city budget.
- Continue with allow remote attendance to city meetings.
- Assist with the transition to a new city manager.
- Work to continue to retain current staff and hire new staff.
- Appropriately contain heavy industry and non-conforming land uses. Encourage improvement to air quality, noise pollution, structures and landscaping.
- Husband, father of 3 daughters and grandfather to 3 grandsons.
- 36-year resident of Woods Cross.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Utah.
- Currently serving as member of the Woods Cross City Planning Commission, Certified Citizen Planner.
- I served on the Woods Cross City Storm Drain Advisory Committee.
- Former volunteer advisor to the Woods Cross City Youth City Council.
- Experienced Volunteer Church Leader.
- Former Boy Scout of America Leader, recipient of the Silver Beaver Award, District Award of Merit, Woodbadge Beads, Scouter’s Key and Training Award.
- Currently employed as an Information System Security Specialist with the Department of Defense.
- I have worked as an Information Technology manager. I started my professional career as a computer programmer.
I was raised in Bountiful; I attended the local schools including the first year Woods Cross High was opened. I graduated from Viewmont High. I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Belgium Antwerp Mission, Dutch speaking. I graduated from the University of Utah, College of Engineering with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. My wife, Lisa and I have been married for 42 years this summer. We have three daughters, two sons-in-law and three grandsons. We lived in Bountiful until we brought our first home in the Meadow Crossing subdivision in 1985. We moved to our current home about 30 years ago.
I have worked professionally as a computer programmer and an Information Technology manager. I began a career move in 2002 to Information Systems Security. In this career move, I have obtained two highly regarded international certifications. I currently work for the Defense Department as an Information Security Specialist.
I have been active in the Boys Scouts of America, serving as; Assistant District Commissioner, District Varsity Scout Huddle Chairman, Varsity Scout Coach, Scoutmaster, committee member and other positions. I have received the following scouting awards: Silver Beaver, District Award of Merit, Woodbadge Beads, Scouter’s Key and Training Award. I have also served as a Utah High School Athletic Association Swimming Official.
I have served in numerous leadership and service positions in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I have been the head coach for my grandsons’ little league baseball teams for six years and one year as a Ute Conference football head coach.
I was a volunteer advisor to the Woods Cross Youth City Council. I enjoyed the service projects, building the float for the parades and getting to work with some of kids from the city. I served on the Woods Cross City Storm Drain Advisory Committee. The committee was able to meet the federal guidelines with one of the lowest storm drain fees in the state.
In 2005 I began serving as a member of the Woods Cross City Planning Commission. I have found this to be most rewarding. I have attended the Certified Citizen Planner Seminar and received the associated certificate. This was important to me to better understand my role on the Planning Commission and how it interfaces with the city staff and City Council. This certification has allowed me to be more effective. Much of the Planning Commission work is routine, however, we have dealt with a number of controversial issues.